Trench Rescue Technician
Time & Location
About the Event
This three day (24 hour) course will take you from classroom discussion to working safely and efficiently in a trench rescue environment. This hands-on training program will cover topics that include: Trench and Excavation Regulations, Understanding Soil, Trench Configurations, Trench Hazards, Rescue Team Preparation, Incident Response, Initial On Scene and Pre-Entry Operations, Shoring Systems and Components, Installation of Shoring Systems, Victim Rescue and Recovery and Incident Termination.
Student Requirements: Students are required to bring the following equipment to class every day.
- Fire department helmet or rescue helmet
- Rope rescue or fire department gloves
- Long pants or coveralls – NO SHORTS
- Steel toed and shanked safety boots
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt
- Sun screen
Prerequisite: Rescue Systems 1 (Instructors will require a copy of your Rescue Systems 1 certificate at the beginning of class)
- Trench Rescue Technician$695SFT Fee included$695SFT Fee included0$0